Saturday, January 30, 2010

You go boy!



First off, I live in Cambridge now. More specifically than that I live in the neighborhood of Cambridge Port. Directly across the street from my house is a large old Church, roman columns and all, that is now being converted into condominiums. The awkwardness of the "place of worship turned pricey condo" alone is a whole other topic I'll address in a future post.
The church serves a funny backdrop for a very short awkward experience I had last night. It has a wide set of cement stairs leading up to the grand entrance. There is a mere five* steps coming to rest at the bottom of the four giant columns that support the roof of the structure but this did not stop the runner I witnessed last night from waxing triumphant.
As I was smoking a cigarette out front I saw a man sprinting in shorts, hoody and gloves in the frigid evening air. He was coming at me from Central square and as he neared the church he turned toward it sharply and scaled the measly five* steps. He then proceed to raise his hands in the air, execute three fists pumps and jump up in down in a direct reference to Philly's favorite fictional son. Next he let out a loud "wooooooooooooooHooooooooo." After which he lowered his hands and placed them in his pockets and continued walking down the street at a turtles pace shivering.
Thanks for the chuckle Rocky

*The front of the church is under construction and only the first five steps are accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?