Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Can't Believe Its Butter...

I pride myself on being someone who orders relatively simple things from restaurants.

That way, I feel easily-satisfiable and more in tune with the workings of the service world (The antithesis of this would be the person whose Starbucks order sounds like an exchange from The Godfather). Also, I think simple things often taste better, and are much easier to prepare.

So, as I walked in to the local bagel place this morning, I expected another perfectly-toasted bagel with a little bit of butter and a medium coffee...

The "sandwich artist" placed one large dollop of butter on each half of my bagel, made a half-assed attempt to spread it around, and plopped the two halves together. As she did a massive chunk of butter slid out from the edge and fell to the wax paper below. I assumed she would remove the excess, but she neatly wrapped it up, along with my bagel, and handed me my order over the counter. The butter had already turned the paper completely clear, and I could see the beginnings of a heart attack ooze from all around the bagel's edge.

Im not sure what my order would have looked like had I ordered something other than "a little bit of butter", but I am almost tempted to find out.

I drank the rest of my sopping bagel, and went to work...

[See also: Dunkin Donuts coffee when "a tiny bit" of sugar is ordered]

-Dave

1 comment:

Your thoughts?