Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No "magic wand tool" Blues

I was supposed to have a date today. Well, a quasi date. She was supposed to meet me at the Davis T stop at noon an we were going to hang out and I was going to show her the basics of Photoshop so she can start fiddling around with her photos. I waited for 45 minutes while people passed me thinking "Who's the creep just watching people exit trains?"

I had gotten up early this morning and cleaned house, showered and borrowed a nice shirt from Dave. I had tea-cookies, coffee and orange juice waiting for us back at the house and I'd spent last night downloading the software for her and re-teaching myself some of the finer points I'd forgotten. I've since eaten every last cookie.

When I was at the station I tried to not look like a creep in a black over coat -should have picked a different jacket. I studied each piece of artwork intently and must say 8 year old kids these days know how to draw boats and sharks far better than I ever did at that age. The walk home in the rain wasn't as much of a kick-in-the-cherry-on-top as I'd thought it would be though.

Well at least now the house is clean, I'm clean shaven, and I figured out how to use a masking layer when applying a gradient to multiple layers of a project in PS CS4. There's a silver lining to everything I guess.

-Raw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?